- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
CU student loses legs under shuttle train
A Chittagong University student lost his two legs while trying to board a shuttle train at Sholoshohor Railway Station in the port city on Wednesday morning.
The victim is identified as Rabiul Islam, a student of the Sociology department of the university.
The accident took place around 8:00am when Rabiul was trying to board the university shuttle train, leaving both of his legs severed, said sub-inspector Jahirul Islam, in-charge of Chittagong Medical College and Hospital Police Outpost.
Rabiul was rushed to the CMCH immediately in critical condition, he added.