- Amidst driver crisis, govt launches initiative to upgrade valid licences
- Series of quakes rocks Indonesia's Lombok, causing panic
- India flood death toll jumps to 357
- 10 Nobel Laureates, 13 eminent personalities demand Shahidul’s release
- 38 student protesters granted bail
- How the ‘deep state’ gamed the system
- US corporate media join in editorialising for press freedom
- Road safety: a Bangladesh perspective
- Hajj This Week: 2m Muslims gather in Makkah
- Killing of Rohingyas: Death toll could be up to 25,000
CU student loses legs under shuttle train
A Chittagong University student lost his two legs while trying to board a shuttle train at Sholoshohor Railway Station in the port city on Wednesday morning.
The victim is identified as Rabiul Islam, a student of the Sociology department of the university.
The accident took place around 8:00am when Rabiul was trying to board the university shuttle train, leaving both of his legs severed, said sub-inspector Jahirul Islam, in-charge of Chittagong Medical College and Hospital Police Outpost.
Rabiul was rushed to the CMCH immediately in critical condition, he added.