- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
- BD needs assistance from IFC in bigger way: Muhith
- Rooppur Nuclear Power Plant: Bangladesh, Russia ink protocol to amend partnership deal
- Ecnec clears Tk 3,825.34 crore project to procure 1.5 lakh EVMs
- PM seeks India’s continued support for Bangladesh’s development
- Bangladeshi scientist leads discovery of novel quantum state of matter
- Rohingya influx puts biodiversity at risk in Cox’s Bazar: UN report
- Myanmar military brutality against Rohingya 'hard to fathom': UN investigator
- Shakib not returning home, wife responds to rumours
Two killed in Gaibandha road crash
Two people, including a child, were killed and seven others injured when a bus overturned after it crashed into a roadside tree on Dhaka-Rangpur Highway at Palongpara of Sadullapur in Gaibandha on Friday.
The identities of the deceased could not be known immediately.
Abul Bashar, in-charge of Gobindaganj highway police camp, said the accident took place around 7:00am, leaving the two people killed on the spot and seven others injured.
The injured were taken to Rangpur Medical College and Hospital.