- Amidst driver crisis, govt launches initiative to upgrade valid licences
- Series of quakes rocks Indonesia's Lombok, causing panic
- India flood death toll jumps to 357
- 10 Nobel Laureates, 13 eminent personalities demand Shahidul’s release
- 38 student protesters granted bail
- How the ‘deep state’ gamed the system
- US corporate media join in editorialising for press freedom
- Road safety: a Bangladesh perspective
- Hajj This Week: 2m Muslims gather in Makkah
- Killing of Rohingyas: Death toll could be up to 25,000
Two killed in Gaibandha road crash
Two people, including a child, were killed and seven others injured when a bus overturned after it crashed into a roadside tree on Dhaka-Rangpur Highway at Palongpara of Sadullapur in Gaibandha on Friday.
The identities of the deceased could not be known immediately.
Abul Bashar, in-charge of Gobindaganj highway police camp, said the accident took place around 7:00am, leaving the two people killed on the spot and seven others injured.
The injured were taken to Rangpur Medical College and Hospital.