- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
Two killed in Gaibandha road crash
Two people, including a child, were killed and seven others injured when a bus overturned after it crashed into a roadside tree on Dhaka-Rangpur Highway at Palongpara of Sadullapur in Gaibandha on Friday.
The identities of the deceased could not be known immediately.
Abul Bashar, in-charge of Gobindaganj highway police camp, said the accident took place around 7:00am, leaving the two people killed on the spot and seven others injured.
The injured were taken to Rangpur Medical College and Hospital.