- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
- BD needs assistance from IFC in bigger way: Muhith
- Rooppur Nuclear Power Plant: Bangladesh, Russia ink protocol to amend partnership deal
- Ecnec clears Tk 3,825.34 crore project to procure 1.5 lakh EVMs
- PM seeks India’s continued support for Bangladesh’s development
- Bangladeshi scientist leads discovery of novel quantum state of matter
- Rohingya influx puts biodiversity at risk in Cox’s Bazar: UN report
- Myanmar military brutality against Rohingya 'hard to fathom': UN investigator
- Shakib not returning home, wife responds to rumours
Two IU students commit ‘suicide’
Two former students of Islamic University in Kushtia allegedly committed suicide over love affairs on Thursday night.
The students were identified as Mumtahena Afroz Hena, 25, daughter of IU al-hadith and Islamic studies department chairman Professor M Ashraful Alam, resident in Satkhira and Rokonuzzaman Rokon, 27, resident of Damurhuda upazila in Chuadanga.
They, both, are the ex-students of finance and banking department of the university.
IU proctor Professor M Mahbubar Rahman told that Mumtahena committed suicide by hanging herself with sailing fan at her resident in Jhenidah around 6:00pm while Rokon committed suicide by jumping in front of a Goalanda bound speedy train in Moti Miah Railgate area around 8:00pm after hearing the suicide news of his girlfriend.
The actual incident behind the suicide of the two former IU students could not be known immediately, he added.