- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
- BD needs assistance from IFC in bigger way: Muhith
- Rooppur Nuclear Power Plant: Bangladesh, Russia ink protocol to amend partnership deal
- Ecnec clears Tk 3,825.34 crore project to procure 1.5 lakh EVMs
- PM seeks India’s continued support for Bangladesh’s development
- Bangladeshi scientist leads discovery of novel quantum state of matter
- Rohingya influx puts biodiversity at risk in Cox’s Bazar: UN report
- Myanmar military brutality against Rohingya 'hard to fathom': UN investigator
- Shakib not returning home, wife responds to rumours
RMG workers stage demo for Eid bonus, arrears
Garment workers on Friday staged demonstrations demanding payment of Eid bonus and salary seven days before Eid-ul-Azha.
Hundreds of workers and their leaders gathered in front of the Jatiya Press Club demanding payment of Eid bonus, salary of the current month and announcement of Tk 18,000 as minimum wage for RMG workers around 11:00am.
They also held a rally and brought out a procession in front of the Jatiya Press Club. Garment Workers Front organised the rally.
Ahsan Habib Bulbul, president of the Garment Workers Front addressed the rally.
They also urged the government to take necessary steps for payment of Eid bonus and salary.