- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
RMG workers stage demo for Eid bonus, arrears
Garment workers on Friday staged demonstrations demanding payment of Eid bonus and salary seven days before Eid-ul-Azha.
Hundreds of workers and their leaders gathered in front of the Jatiya Press Club demanding payment of Eid bonus, salary of the current month and announcement of Tk 18,000 as minimum wage for RMG workers around 11:00am.
They also held a rally and brought out a procession in front of the Jatiya Press Club. Garment Workers Front organised the rally.
Ahsan Habib Bulbul, president of the Garment Workers Front addressed the rally.
They also urged the government to take necessary steps for payment of Eid bonus and salary.