- Amidst driver crisis, govt launches initiative to upgrade valid licences
- Series of quakes rocks Indonesia's Lombok, causing panic
- India flood death toll jumps to 357
- 10 Nobel Laureates, 13 eminent personalities demand Shahidul’s release
- 38 student protesters granted bail
- How the ‘deep state’ gamed the system
- US corporate media join in editorialising for press freedom
- Road safety: a Bangladesh perspective
- Hajj This Week: 2m Muslims gather in Makkah
- Killing of Rohingyas: Death toll could be up to 25,000
Long queues at Kamalapur as Eid advance train ticket
Kamalapur Railway Station in Dhaka is witnessing long queues of holidaymakers as the sale of advance train tickets by Bangladesh Railway rolls on to third day Friday.
Bangladesh Railway began its advance ticket sale on August 8 to ensure the home-goers a hassle-free journey by train ahead of Eid-ul-Azha.
Thousands of people thronged the ticket counters at Kamalapur Railway Station since early morning to book their tickets as they look forward to enjoy the festivities along with near and dear ones.
The advance tickets of August 19 are being sold today, while tickets for August 20 and 21 will be available tomorrow and day after respectively.
The Eid-ul-Azha is expected to be celebrated on August 22.
Besides, the return tickets for the journey of August 24 will be available on August 15 and for August 25, 26, 27, and 28 will be available on August 16, 17, 18 and 19 respectively.