- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
- CEC moves to heal rift with commissioners
Long queues at Kamalapur as Eid advance train ticket
Kamalapur Railway Station in Dhaka is witnessing long queues of holidaymakers as the sale of advance train tickets by Bangladesh Railway rolls on to third day Friday.
Bangladesh Railway began its advance ticket sale on August 8 to ensure the home-goers a hassle-free journey by train ahead of Eid-ul-Azha.
Thousands of people thronged the ticket counters at Kamalapur Railway Station since early morning to book their tickets as they look forward to enjoy the festivities along with near and dear ones.
The advance tickets of August 19 are being sold today, while tickets for August 20 and 21 will be available tomorrow and day after respectively.
The Eid-ul-Azha is expected to be celebrated on August 22.
Besides, the return tickets for the journey of August 24 will be available on August 15 and for August 25, 26, 27, and 28 will be available on August 16, 17, 18 and 19 respectively.