- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Two schoolboys drown in Ramna Lake
Two schoolboys drowned in the Ramna Lake in the city on Sunday afternoon.
The deceased were identified as Adnan, 15, and Mahfuz, 15, students of Willes Little Flower School and College.
The two students drowned while taking bath in the lake around 3:45pm, said sub-inspector Bachchu Mia, in-charge of Dhaka Medical College Hospital police camp.
Local people rescued the teenage boys and took them to DMCH where doctors declared them dead around 4:20pm, he said.