- DNCC Panel Mayor Osman Gani passes away
- Grenade found in Natore
- Man killed, 38 RMG workers hurt as bus overturns hitting bike
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave London for New York to join UNGA Sunday
- BNP joins rally of Dr Kamal-led Jatiya Oikya Prokriya
- Death toll in Iran military parade attack rises to 24: IRNA
- Action against anarchy over grenade attack case verdict: Monirul
- CEC asks politicians not to make comment on EVMs
- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
Lawyer-less Faria remanded for three days
Small entrepreneur Faria Mahjabin, who was arrested in Dhaka on Thursday for allegedly spreading rumours on Facebook during recent student protest, had been placed on three-day remand.
Metropolitan Magistrate AKM Mainuddin Siddiqui granted the remand after Inspector Majedul Islam of Hazaribagh Police Station produced her before the court on Friday and sought seven days of police remand for her.
She was shown arrested in a case filed on Thursday under ICT act.
The general recording officer of court, Makbul Ahmed, confirmed Faria had no lawyers during remand hearing.
Members of Rapid Action Battalion arrested Faria for allegedly spreading rumours on social media Facebook during the recent student protests for safe roads, said a text message sent by the battalion on Friday morning.
A team of RAB-2 arrested Faria, 28, around 10:45pm on Thursday at her house in West Dhanmondi area.
Earlier on August 13, Dhaka Metropolitan Police has launched a legal procedure against 150 profiles for their alleged involvement on social media, especially Facebook to create anarchy in recent student’s movement.