- DNCC Panel Mayor Osman Gani passes away
- Grenade found in Natore
- Man killed, 38 RMG workers hurt as bus overturns hitting bike
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave London for New York to join UNGA Sunday
- BNP joins rally of Dr Kamal-led Jatiya Oikya Prokriya
- Death toll in Iran military parade attack rises to 24: IRNA
- Action against anarchy over grenade attack case verdict: Monirul
- CEC asks politicians not to make comment on EVMs
- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
We don’t want to give goal in open net: Nasim
Leaders of the Awami League- led alliance on Friday said that next general election would be held in December as per constitutional provision under the Awami League-led alliance government.
But Bangladesh Nationalist Party and some others opposition political parties were opposing holding the election as per the constitution, they said.
Moreover, some vested quarters were hatching conspiracies to foil the election, they said.
The AL-led alliance made the observation during a discussion meeting it organised to mark national mourning day at Diploma Engineers' Institution.
The presidium member of Awami League and spokesman of AL-led alliance Mohammad Nasim said they were expecting that the next general election would be participatory and BNP would participate in it.
‘We do not want to give goal in an open net,’ Nasim also the health and family welfare minister said.
Different quarters already started hatching conspiracies to foil the election, but they would not get chance to do it, Nasim said.
The president of Bangladesh Jatiya Samajtantrik Dal, Sharif Nurul Ambia, said that the next general election would be held as per constitutional provision and no political force would be able to foil the election.
Dilip Barua, general secretary of the Samyabadi Dal, said that the Awami League-led alliance government was for establishing a non-communal democratic Bangladesh.
He urged the people to cast their votes in favour of the candidates of the alliance for a continuation of the development works in the country.
Chaired by Nasim, central leader of AL Khalid Mahmud Chowdhury, Bangladesh Jatiya Party secretary general Sheikh Shahidul Islam, Workers Party of Bangladesh general secretary Fazle Hossain Badsha, Jatiya Samajtantrik Dal faction general secretary Shirin Akhter, Gana Azadi League president SK Shikder and others took part at the discussion meeting.