- DNCC Panel Mayor Osman Gani passes away
- Grenade found in Natore
- Man killed, 38 RMG workers hurt as bus overturns hitting bike
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave London for New York to join UNGA Sunday
- BNP joins rally of Dr Kamal-led Jatiya Oikya Prokriya
- Death toll in Iran military parade attack rises to 24: IRNA
- Action against anarchy over grenade attack case verdict: Monirul
- CEC asks politicians not to make comment on EVMs
- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
5-km tailback on Dhaka-Chittagong highway
Hundreds of passengers were suffering as a 5-kilometre long tailback was created on Dhaka-Chittagong highway in Daudkandi on Saturday morning due to heavy pressure of vehicles ahead of Eid-ul-Azha.
Dhaka-bound passengers were suffering for the 5th successive day as the tailback on the highway continued since Tuesday last, according to travellers.
The tailback was seen stretching from Meghna-Gumti Bridge toll plaza to Shahidnagar, said Abul Kalam Azad, officer-in-charge of Daudkandi Highway Police Station.
The OC said there is a huge pressure of goods-laden vehicles on the highway and the situation will improve when the plying of such transports will be suspended on Sunday ahead of the Eid-ul-Azha.