- DNCC Panel Mayor Osman Gani passes away
- Grenade found in Natore
- Man killed, 38 RMG workers hurt as bus overturns hitting bike
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave London for New York to join UNGA Sunday
- BNP joins rally of Dr Kamal-led Jatiya Oikya Prokriya
- Death toll in Iran military parade attack rises to 24: IRNA
- Action against anarchy over grenade attack case verdict: Monirul
- CEC asks politicians not to make comment on EVMs
- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
BRAC university student drowns in Bay
A student of BRAC University drowned in the Bay of Bengal at Laboni point on the sea beach on Saturday morning.
The deceased was identified as Iftekhar Alam Abid, 25, of Feni Sadar upazila.
Maksudul Alam, sub-inspector of tourist police, said Abid was washed away by strong wave while he was taking a bath along with friends around 8:30am.
Being rescued by divers, he was taken to Cox’s Bazar General Hospital where he was declared dead around 9:30am, said Khandaker Farid Uddin, officer-in-charge of Sadar Police Station.