- DNCC Panel Mayor Osman Gani passes away
- Grenade found in Natore
- Man killed, 38 RMG workers hurt as bus overturns hitting bike
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave London for New York to join UNGA Sunday
- BNP joins rally of Dr Kamal-led Jatiya Oikya Prokriya
- Death toll in Iran military parade attack rises to 24: IRNA
- Action against anarchy over grenade attack case verdict: Monirul
- CEC asks politicians not to make comment on EVMs
- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
Over 400 Eid congregations to be held in Dhaka
BDchronicle: A total of 409 Eid congregations will be held in Dhaka ogranised by North and South city corporations.
Of those, 230 Eid congregations will be held under the Dhaka South City Corporation (DSCC) and the rest 179 under the Dhaka North City Corporation (DNCC), reports BSS.
The main Eid congregation will be held at the Jatiya Eidgah Maidan at 8am. The President, cabinet members, top court judges, member of parliaments and diplomats are expected to take part in the congregation.
A total of five Eid congregations will be held at the Baitul Mukarram National Mosque. The first will be held at 7am following four more at 8am, 9am, 10am and 10:45am.
An Eid congregation also will be held at 7.30am at the South Plaza of the Jatiya Sangsad Bhaban.
A total of two Eid congregations will be held at the Dhaka University central mosque at 8am and 9am. Besides, congregations will be held at the grounds of Salimullah Muslim Hall and Shahidullah Hall at 8am.
Three Eid congregations will be held at Dewan Bagh Sharif at Arambagh at 8am, 9:30am and 10am.
One of the biggest Eid congregations of the country will be held at Solakhia in Kishorganj. All necessary arrangements have been completed to hold the Eid congregation at Solakhia.