- DNCC Panel Mayor Osman Gani passes away
- Grenade found in Natore
- Man killed, 38 RMG workers hurt as bus overturns hitting bike
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave London for New York to join UNGA Sunday
- BNP joins rally of Dr Kamal-led Jatiya Oikya Prokriya
- Death toll in Iran military parade attack rises to 24: IRNA
- Action against anarchy over grenade attack case verdict: Monirul
- CEC asks politicians not to make comment on EVMs
- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
Road blockade underway in Khagrachari
BDchronicle: A road blockade is underway in Khagrachari called by UPDF along with Pahari Chattra Parishad, Hill Women’s Federation and Democratic Youth Forum.
The half-day road blockade of the four organizations began from the early hours of Monday demanding the justice of seven killings which was reported Saturday morning at the district town.
The demonstration will last till 12 at noon.
Khagrachari Police Super Ali Ahmed Khan said, “Joint forces of the police, army and border guards already have started raids across the district. Additional police forces have been deployed in the area.”
No casualties have been reported yet from the district, police said.