- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Road blockade underway in Khagrachari
BDchronicle: A road blockade is underway in Khagrachari called by UPDF along with Pahari Chattra Parishad, Hill Women’s Federation and Democratic Youth Forum.
The half-day road blockade of the four organizations began from the early hours of Monday demanding the justice of seven killings which was reported Saturday morning at the district town.
The demonstration will last till 12 at noon.
Khagrachari Police Super Ali Ahmed Khan said, “Joint forces of the police, army and border guards already have started raids across the district. Additional police forces have been deployed in the area.”
No casualties have been reported yet from the district, police said.