- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
Cultural orgs to observe Nazrul’s death anniv
BDchronicle: Different cultural organisations will observe 42nd death anniversary of the national poet Kazi Nazrul Islam today by organising diverse programmes.
Representatives of different organisations and institutes, family members and fans of the national poet will place flower wreaths at his grave at Dhaka University mosque in the morning.
Nazrul Institute will arrange a commemorative programme in the afternoon at Sufia Kamal Auditorium of Bangladesh National Museum. The institute will also honour renowned Nazrul singer Khairul Anam Shakil and Nazrul researcher Dr Rashidun Nabi with Nazrul Purushkar at the programme.
‘Nazrul Institute has been presenting Nazrul Purushkar since 1986. Every year, we honour a Nazrul singer and a Nazrul researcher. We are happy that we are going to present the award to Nazrul singer Khairul Anam Shakil and Nazrul researcher Dr Rashidun Nabi this year’, said Rezauddin Stalin, deputy director at Nazrul Institute.
Nazrul Academy will also arrange a cultural show and discussion at its auditorium in the afternoon. The show will be aired on the academy’s YouTube channel Nazrul TV.
Bangla Academy will hold a commemorative programme featuring a solo lecture and cultural show on August 30 at its auditorium, while Bangladesh Nazrul Sangeet Shilpi Parishad will arrange a programme at Chhayanaut Auditorium on September 8.