- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Six-month ban for Sabbir, Nasir spared
Bangladesh Cricket Board on Saturday recommended a six-month ban for batsman Sabbir Rahman from international cricket for multiple disciplinary breaches but spared Nasir Hossain for the time being.
‘We recommended six-month suspension for Sabbir from international cricket. We will now send the recommendation to our president. Subject to his approval the ban will be effective from tomorrow (Sunday), BCB director Ismail Haider told reporters after disciplinary hearing of the batsman in Dhaka.
Sabbir, who was axed from Bangladesh squad for Asia Cup this month, completed his six-month ban from domestic cricket in June for assaulting a minor boy during a domestic first-class match.
While serving his domestic ban Sabbir hit the headline for hitting team-mate Mehedi Hasan during a Twenty20 series against Afghanistan in June and abusing a fan in Facebook last month.
On Saturday, the BCB also called batsman Mosaddek Hossain and Nasir Hossain for a hearing.
BCB director Haider said Nasir they spared Nasir from attending the hearing the batsman was already out of the national team for injury.
BCB warned Mosaddek to be careful of his behaviour after his wife his filed a lawsuit against him for seeking Tk 10 lakh as dowry.
‘He was asked to be cautious about his behaviour in future. His case is a family matter. We have to wait until court gives a decision,’ he said.