- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Indian IT firm Wipro bags $1.5b deal from US-based Alight Solutions
Indian software services exporter Wipro Ltd has won its biggest-ever contract worth more than $1.5 billion with US-based Alight Solutions LLC for digital services, the company said in a statement on Sunday.
Wipro, one of India’s top IT firms, said it would earn $1.5-1.6 billion in revenues over the tenure of the deal, which will include services in health, human resources, and finance for Illinois-based Alight Solutions, reports Reuters.
In July, the Bengaluru-based firm had said it would buy Alight Solutions’ India operations for $117 million in cash. The deal is expected to be completed in the quarter ending September.
Wipro has previously said it expected revenue from its key IT services business for the quarter ending September to be in the range of $2.01 billion to $2.05 billion.