- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
Six IU students visit to China to build friendship
BDchronicle: A six student team of Islamic University in Kushtia went to participate summer camp and visit Yunnan Province in China on Sunday afternoon with a view to building the bridges of friendship between China and Bangladeshi youths.
They left Dhaka for China around 2:00pm, said the officials of IU Institute of Islamic Education and Research office on Sunday evening.
The six IU students are - Enayet Karim Topu, Nowroz Ruman, Mahfuzur Rahman Molla, Shourov Hossain, Nazmul Hossain and Owasim Akash.
Director of IIER Professor M Maher Ali told New Age that it was the great opportunity for the students to participate such programme from the university under the institution.