- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
Tamim’s solo held at AFD
BDchronicle: Alliance Francaise de Dhaka displayed five artworks by the Paris-based expatriate artist Tamim Jalilur Rabbi at its Café la Veranda.
The display titled ‘Paris Balades’ was inaugurated by another Paris –based renowned artist Shahbuddin Ahmed on 28 August.
Begum Rokeya University vice chancellor Nazmul Ahsan Kalimullah and AFD director Bruno Plasse were also present at the programme.
Tamim’s artworks depict five historical and touristic places in Paris, which he made on the spots.
The show ended on Saturday.
Tamim Jalilur Rabbi during his Dhaka visit held another solo at Abinta Gallery of Fine Arts last month.
He completed his master in fine arts from University of Dhaka and now he live in Paris.