- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
PM urges all to exercise austerity in electricity consumption
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has urged all to exercise austerity in electricity consumption as they may not get it at such a lower rate in the future.
"With the improvement in socioeconomic condition of people, I think, they'll have to pay more than what is spent on power production. So, my request is that all will have to exercise austerity in using electricity. I request you all to check the wastage of electricity," she said on Thursday, reports UNB.
The Prime Minister said this while inaugurating 'the Power and Energy Week 2018' at Bashundhara International Convention City in the city.