- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Fire at Narayanganj tyre factory
A tyre-manufacturing factory caught fire in Narayanganj’s Fatullah this morning.
The fire broke out around 8:00am. Eight fire fighting units were trying to bring the flames under control, local correspondent reports quoting Sirajul Islam, inspector of Narayanganj Fire Service and Civil Defense.
The fire service men were trying to douse the blaze till 10:00am when this report was filed.
No casualty or injuries were reported.