- DNCC Panel Mayor Osman Gani passes away
- Grenade found in Natore
- Man killed, 38 RMG workers hurt as bus overturns hitting bike
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave London for New York to join UNGA Sunday
- BNP joins rally of Dr Kamal-led Jatiya Oikya Prokriya
- Death toll in Iran military parade attack rises to 24: IRNA
- Action against anarchy over grenade attack case verdict: Monirul
- CEC asks politicians not to make comment on EVMs
- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
BNP observing token hunger strike for Khakeda's release
BNP is observing a two-hour token hunger strike in Dhaka demanding its Chairperson Khaleda Zia's release from jail and her proper treatment.
The programme began on the premises of Institution of Engineers, Bangladesh at 10:00am on Wednesday.
BNP leaders and activists holding banners, festoons and placards joined the programme and chanting slogans calling for Khaleda’s immediate release.
A large number of law enforcers were deployed near the venue to maintain law and order.
The token hunger strike is scheduled to end around 12:00noon, news agency UNB reports.
Besides, the similar programme is being held in all district towns and metropolitans across the country.
On Monday, BNP formed human chains across the country, including in front the Jatiya Press Club in the capital, to press the same demand.
BNP Chairperson Khaleda has been in jail since a special court convicted her in Zia Orphanage Trust graft case on February 8.