- DNCC Panel Mayor Osman Gani passes away
- Grenade found in Natore
- Man killed, 38 RMG workers hurt as bus overturns hitting bike
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave London for New York to join UNGA Sunday
- BNP joins rally of Dr Kamal-led Jatiya Oikya Prokriya
- Death toll in Iran military parade attack rises to 24: IRNA
- Action against anarchy over grenade attack case verdict: Monirul
- CEC asks politicians not to make comment on EVMs
- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
At least 20 killed in Mali after truck falls into river
At least 20 people were killed in central Mali when a truck fell into a river after a suspected brake failure, the Malian government said on Wednesday.
The incident in the West African country's Mopti region happened late on Monday night.
‘The first report puts the toll at 20 killed and 63 rescued by emergency services,’ the government said in a statement.
‘According to the initial stages of the investigation, a technical failure relating to the brake system could be the origin of this dramatic accident,’ it said.