- DNCC Panel Mayor Osman Gani passes away
- Grenade found in Natore
- Man killed, 38 RMG workers hurt as bus overturns hitting bike
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave London for New York to join UNGA Sunday
- BNP joins rally of Dr Kamal-led Jatiya Oikya Prokriya
- Death toll in Iran military parade attack rises to 24: IRNA
- Action against anarchy over grenade attack case verdict: Monirul
- CEC asks politicians not to make comment on EVMs
- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
Mujib killer Rashid’s son-in-law arrested
The son-in-law of Sultan Shahriar Rashid, executed killer of the country’s founding president Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, was arrested Wednesday night under Section 57 of the Information and Communication Technology Act on charges of giving a post on Facebook making 'derogatory comments' against Sheikh Mujib.
The arrestee, Fuad Zaman, praised the killers of Sheikh Mujib and made 'derogatory comments' against him on a Facebook post, said Counter Terrorism and Transnational Crime unit additional deputy commissioner Nazmul Islam.
A team of the CTTC unit held Fuad Zaman from Hatirjheel area in the capital around 10:00pm, Nazmul said.
He was arrested in a case under the ICT act filed with Dhanmondi Police Station, the ADC added.