- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
Mujib killer Rashid’s son-in-law arrested
The son-in-law of Sultan Shahriar Rashid, executed killer of the country’s founding president Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, was arrested Wednesday night under Section 57 of the Information and Communication Technology Act on charges of giving a post on Facebook making 'derogatory comments' against Sheikh Mujib.
The arrestee, Fuad Zaman, praised the killers of Sheikh Mujib and made 'derogatory comments' against him on a Facebook post, said Counter Terrorism and Transnational Crime unit additional deputy commissioner Nazmul Islam.
A team of the CTTC unit held Fuad Zaman from Hatirjheel area in the capital around 10:00pm, Nazmul said.
He was arrested in a case under the ICT act filed with Dhanmondi Police Station, the ADC added.