- DNCC Panel Mayor Osman Gani passes away
- Grenade found in Natore
- Man killed, 38 RMG workers hurt as bus overturns hitting bike
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave London for New York to join UNGA Sunday
- BNP joins rally of Dr Kamal-led Jatiya Oikya Prokriya
- Death toll in Iran military parade attack rises to 24: IRNA
- Action against anarchy over grenade attack case verdict: Monirul
- CEC asks politicians not to make comment on EVMs
- HC hearing on Shahidul’s bail plea ‘Sunday’
- PM seeks India’s support for Bangladesh’s development
Nahid stresses upgradation of curriculum, edu system
Education minister Nurul Islam Nahid on Friday stressed the need for upgradation of curriculum and education system to make the future generation capable and fit for the advanced world.
The minister came with the observation while addressing a scholarship awarding ceremony among the children of Dhaka Reporters Unity members who achieved GPA 5 in their SSC and HSC examinations in 2018.
DRU organised the programme at its Crime Reporters' Association of Bangladesh Auditorium in the morning.
Nahid said there was huge scope to improve the quality of the country's education and they were working to do so.
He also said, ‘Last year I face widespread criticism over the issue for question leak but I took those positively and tried my best involving other concerned to stop the problem. After that we got success.’
Nahid said at least 250 criminals were arrested for their involvement in question paper leak and no one would be speared who were involved in the wrongdoing.
He stressed the need for creating strong sense of morality among the new generation alongside their good academic results.