- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
DUCSU election meeting: JCD attends under special security arrangement
Leaders of Jatiyatabadi Chatro Dal (JCD), student Wing of BNP, have arrived at a meeting on DUCSU election at the Dhaka University under special security arrangement.
DU Vice Chancellor Md Akhtaruzzaman has convened the meeting to discuss how to hold Dhaka University Central Students Union election.
Three assistant proctors brought the leaders of Chatra Dal to the meeting under special security arrangement.
The authority has sat with student leaders as the High Court had instructed the authority to hold the DUCSU election within stipulated time.
The meeting started Sunday morning at the Abdul Matin virtual class room adjacent to VC office where leaders from student wings of different political parties attended.
Central Chatra Dal president Rajib Ahsan and DU central General Secretary Abul Bashar Siddique are taking part in the meeting.
Central Chatro League (BCL) President Rejwanul Haq Shovon, General Secretary Golam Rabbani, DU President Sanjit Chandra Das and General Secretary Saddam Hossain have attended the meeting.
Bangladesh Chatro Union Central General Secretary Liton Nandi, Bangladesh Chatro Federation Central Presdient Golam Mostafa and others have joined the meeting to discuss the issue.
It is mentionable here that the High Court on January 17 instructed the DU authority to hold the DUCSU election within six months.
As no step was taken to hold the election within stipulated time, a contempt of court notice was served to VC Akhtaruzzaman and two others.
It said if any action is not taken within seven days of issuing the notice, a contempt of court case will be filed against them.