- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
PM launches two new police units in Gazipur and Rangpur
Prime minister, Sheikh Hasina, formally inaugurated the Rangpur and Gazipur metropolitan police units via video conference from Gonobhobon on Sunday morning.
`Our police force is working with diligence to maintain law and order,' said the PM while launching the law enforcing services.
The country has been elevated to developing status and we will move forward with heads held high, she added.
Bangladesh will not beg assistance from anyone, stressed the PM and said, `I want Bangladesh to move towards prosperity in a peaceful manner.'
The prime minister also said that the two new police units will control crime and provide an atmosphere of security for the masses.