- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
Uber now in N'ganj, starts inter-city services
Globally popular ride-hailing service Uber has opened operation in Naryanganj, paving way for users to use the app for inter-city travelling around Dhaka.
Dhaka dwellers can make a one-way trip to Gazipur, Savar and Narayanganj via this inter-city option, says a press release issued from Uber in the capital.
With Uber Intercity, commuters will be able to keep Uber's drivers and sedans for up to 10 hours, facilitating quick work and occasional recreation.
The service is available for picks ups starting from Dhaka metropolitan area to Gazipur, Savar and Narayanganj only – starting from a minimum fare of Tk 499.
Apart from it all, usual terms and conditions apply.