- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
Fresh MPO enlistment next month: Edu Minister
Education Minister Nurul Islam Nahid today said the fresh enlistment of educational institutions under Monthly Payment Order (MPO) facility will be finalised by next month.
In reply to a supplementary question of ruling Awami League lawmaker AKM Jahangir Hossain at the parliament, the minister said, Finance Minister AMA Muhith has allocated money to meet the expenses for fresh enlisting.
`Following Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina's opinion, we will finalise fresh enlisting of educational institutions under the MPO by the next month,' Nahid added.
Nahid also said no educational institutions could be enlisted under MPO facility since 2010 as the finance ministry did not allocate any money.
The education minister said interested educational institutions will be able to apply for enlisting through online and the ministry will scrutinise in light of the specific guidelines.
In the supplementary question, Jahangir Hossain said the tenure of the present government is about to an end. `I want a clear answer from the education minister—how much educational institutions will be brought under the MPO facility by December?'
Earlier on June 27, Nahid told the parliament that the government has formed a nine-member committee to amend guidelines for enlisting educational institutions under the MPO facility.
In reply to a query, Primary and Mass Education Minister Mostafizur Rahman told parliament that the government has a plan to constitute a board under the Primary and Mass Education Ministry.
The minister also said the government has no plan to constitute division-wise primary and mass education board like the Secondary Education Board.