- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
Bangladesh mission opens control room in Libya
Bangladesh Embassy in Tripoli opened a round the clock control room for giving assistance to expatriate Bangladeshi there as the Libyan government declared the State of Alert in all its security units.
The Libyan authority declared the alert on Aug 27 last following an abrupt violence spread up in the capital Tripoli.
The Bangladesh mission is fully concerned about the situation and opened the control room for ensuring safety of Bangladeshi expatriates in Libya, a foreign ministry media release said in Dhaka on Sunday.
The Bangladesh Embassy in Tripoli has already posted a circular on its facebook page for the expatriates regarding the safety measures.
The Phone numbers of the control room are – 00218913776914, 00218916994207 and 00218926299270 while the email ids are – email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com.