- PM’s Austria tour: Combating terrorism high on agenda
- AL sinking into quicksand, says BNP
- 50 DU students get FSIB scholarship
- IBBL to host iftar items to 10 million fasting pedestrians
- Statue reinstalled in front of SC annex building
- IBBL organises conference on ‘business development’ in Sylhet
- Cop-JU student clash injures 20 over death of JU students
- Two-day Int’l Conf on Computational Mathematics begins at DU
- Safe Motherhood Day Sunday
- Cousins drown in a pond in Comilla
Acapella song for Hillary Clinton
BdChronicle Life Desk:
Celebrities from different parts of the media came together and created an acapella song called “Fight Song” for Hillary Clinton’s campaign. The song is now being considered as the unofficial anthem for the Democrat campaign.
Actress-turned-director, Elizabeth Banks co-produced the video with Bruce Cohen who is well known for political activism and also for directing American Beauty.
Over 35 celebrities participated in this video and contributions from fans were included as well. Australian sensation Sia made a surprise appearance as well.
The video was shot in Ney York and L.A. The video is directed by Mike Thompkins. Banks said that the video was inspired by the movie Pitch Perfect that she produced.
Some has blamed the video to be boring and one dimensional but participation of people of colour and members of the LGBT community makes it an intersectional and inclusive video.
Here is the complete list of the celebrities featured in the “Fight Song” video:
Hana Mae Lee
Jesse Tyler Ferguson
John Michael Higgins