- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Internet users in Bangladesh hit 9.05 crore
The number of the country's total internet users is now 9.05 crore, according to statistics published on Bangladesh Telecommunication Regulatory Commission's website on Thursday.
The BTRC released its statistics updated till the end of August.
Among them, 8.47 crore are mobile phone internet users, 57.33 lakh are broadband internet (ISP + PSTN) users and the rest 83,000 are WiMax users.
The total number of internet subscribers reached 8.89 crore at the end of July.