- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
Three killed, 20 injured in Puthia road accident
Three people were killed and at least 20 others injured when a bus rammed into a truck stranded on roadside in Tarapur area on Dhaka-Rajshahi highway at Puthiya in Rajshahi on Friday.
Two of the deceased were identified as Rizu, 25, driver’s assistant of the bus, and Jakir Hossain, 28, driver of the truck. But, the identity of another deceased could not be known immediately.
Police and locals said the injured people were sent to different nearby healthcare centres and hospitals, including Rajshahi Medical College Hospital.
The accident took place when a Dhaka-bound night coach of Shyamoly Paribahan from Chapainawabgonj rammed into a sand-loaded stranded truck on the road in early hours, officer-in-charge of Puthiya Police Station Shakil Uddin Ahmed told reporters.
On information, he said, police and members of fire service and civil defense rushed to the spot and conducted rescue operation with help of locals.