- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
Gunmen kill two in Rangamati
Unidentified gunmen killed two people near their homes at Ramsupari Para of Nariarchar in Rangamati early Friday.
Officer-in-charge of Nariarchar police station Abdul Latif said that the victims were primarily identified as Akarshan Chakma, 42, son of Juddha Mohan Chakma, and Shyamal Kanti Chakma Sumanta, 30, son of Adri Peda Chakma.
He said that the killing took place around 2:00am on the border of Mahalchari under Khagrachari district and Naniarchar under Rangamati district but the cause of murder was yet to be known.
Latif claimed Akarshan and Sumanta were members of United People's Democratic Front.
But UPDF's press section in-charge Niron Chakma in a statement said the dead were not their activists rather they were activists of PCJSS (MN Larma) group and had returned to 'normal life' leaving the party.
Police recovered the bodies but none was arrested in the incident.