- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
Train derails in B’baria, Ctg rail link snapped
Chattogram’s rail link with rest of the country was snapped this afternoon after a freight train derailed in Brahmanbaria’s Kasba upazila.
The derailment of one carriage and the engine took place near Imambari Railway Station, our local correspondent reports.
Akhaura Railway Junction Loco shed in-charge Md Delwar Hossain confirmed the matter to The BDchronicle and said it was a freight train heading to Dhaka.
Traffic department of Akhaura Railway Junction sources said, a relief train from Akhaura rushed to the spot after receiving the news and began working to fix the situation.
"It might take 3 or 4 hours to recover the derailed bogies and resume train communication", added Delwar Hossain.