- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Man killed, 38 RMG workers hurt as bus overturns hitting bike
A motorcyclist was killed and 38 RMG workers were injured in a road accident on Dhaka-Aricha highway at Bhatbar in Maniganj Sadar upazila on Saturday morning.
The identity of the deceased could not be known immediately.
Habibur Rahman, officer-in-charge of Golra Highway police station, said the accident took place around 7:30am when the minibus carrying a group of garment workers hit the motorcycle and then overturned, leaving the motorcyclist dead on the spot and 38 garment workers injured.
The injured were admitted to 250-bed Manikganj Hospital.