- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
‘Candidate with public acceptance to get AL nomination’
The candidate who has acceptance among people will get nomination from Awami League for the next general election, General Secretary Obaidul Quader said today.
The AL leader told this during a road-rally at Eliotganj of Daudkandi upazila in Cumilla.
Earlier in the morning, senior Awami League leaders led by Quader began a two-day road trip to Cox's Bazar to re-organise his party's activities.
Starting from AL president's political office in Dhaka's Dhanmondi at 9:00pm, Obaidul Quader's motorcade reached Eliotganj around 12:30pm.
Tomorrow, he will attend party programmes in Karnaphuli area, Lohagara upazila, Chakaria town and Ramu, reads a press release issued by the party on Thursday.
AL lawmakers and senior leaders will be present at the programmes, it said.
On September 8, an AL team led by Quader took a passenger train to the North to launch its campaign for the national polls.