- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
DNCC Panel Mayor Osman Gani passes away
Panel Mayor of Dhaka North City Corporation Osman Gani passed away at Singapore General Hospital on Saturday. He was 69.
Chief mass communication official of DNCC ASMN Mamun confirmed the matter.
He, who had been suffering from lungs cancer, breathed his last at Singapore General Hospital at 8:35am (Bangladesh Time) while undergoing treatment there, said public relations officer of DNCC Al Mamun.
Osmani Gani went to Singapore for treatment on August 14.
He left behind his wife, four sons and a host of relatives and well-wishers to mourn his death.
The body of Osman Gani will be brought home from Singapore around 11:40 am by Singapore Airlines on Sunday.
The government on September 5, 2017 formed a three-member panel, including Osman Gani, to discharge the duties of Dhaka North City Corporation Mayor Annisul Huq when he fell sick.
After death of Anisul Huq, Gani continued for the post. Osman Gani was appointed Councilor of Ward No. 21 of the DNCC.