- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
‘Drug peddler’ killed in Jhenaidah ‘gunfight’
A suspected drug peddler was killed in a reported gunfight between two groups of drug peddlers in BoluharDakat-tola math area of Kotchandpur in Jhenaidah early Sunday.
The deceased was identified as Selim, 42, son of Nur Islam of Kashipur area.
Being informed about a gunfight between two groups of drug peddlers, a team of police went to the spot, said Biplob Kumar Saha, officer-in-charge of Kotchandpur Police Station.
Later, they found the bullet-hit body of Selim.
Police also recovered a one shooter gun, two round bullets, 40 bottles of Phensidyl, 300 Yaba tablets, four mobile sets and a private car from the spot.