- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
10 districts get new DCs
In a major reshuffle in the field administration, the government has appointed new deputy commissioners to 10 districts.
The public administration ministry issued a gazette notification in this regard on Sunday.
As per the notification, deputy secretary of public administration ministry Kabir Mahmood has been made the deputy commissioner of Barguna, while deputy secretary of the directorate of secondary and higher education Abu Ali Md Shazzad Hossain the DC of Pirojpur, personal secretary (deputy secretary) of foreign ministry Hayat-Ud-Dowllah Khan appointed DC of Brahmanbaria, deputy secretary of local government division Md Shahidul Islam the DC of Tangail and deputy secretary of local government division Anjuman Ara the DC of Narail.
Besides, general sanager (deputy secretary) of Bangladesh Shipping Corporation Mohmmad Golamur Rahman has been appointed the DC of Natore while deputy secretary of primary and mass education ministry Gopal Chanrda Das the DC of Chuadanga.
Deputy secretary of directorate general of health services Md Ali Akbar has been appointed the DC of Magura, deputy secretary of housing and public works ministry SM Mostafa Kamal made the DC of Satkhira and minister’s personal secretary (deputy secretary) of housing and public works ministry Faiyez Ahmed the DC of Bogura.