- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
No one wants movement before election: Obaidul
Awami League general secretary Obaidul Quader today said the people of the country do not want any movement before the national election.
"Ten years have passed by...in which year the movement will be waged? Will it happen in one month? People are now in the 'house of election', no one wants any movement," he said.
He said this while addressing a rally as part of electioneering at SR Square area in Kanrafuli upazila.
Terming BNP-Jamaat's movement a 'rumor movement' he said, "Rumor terrorism is still active. We'll have to resist the terrorism. People would no more respond to movement."
"BNP had failed in the quota reform movement, and then it intruded into the safe road movement but failed again."
He asked his party men to behave well with general people and remain united for a positive outcome in the next general election.
AL presidium member Abdul Matin Khasru, joint general secretary Mahbubul Alam Hanif, publicity and publications secretary Dr Hasan Mahmud, organising secretary Mohibul Hasan Chowdhury Nowfel were present among others.