- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
BNP to hold public meeting in Dhaka Sept 27
Bangladesh Nationalist Party on Monday announced to hold a public meeting in Dhaka city on September 27.
The rally would be held either at Suhrawardy Udyan or Nayapaltan in front of BNP central office at 2:00pm on the day.
BNP senior joint secretary general Ruhul Kabir Rizvi at a news briefing at the party's central office announced the programme without mentioning the reason for holding the public meeting.
In reply to a question, Rizvi said the current political issues would be highlighted in the rally.
He said letters had been given to Dhaka Metropolitan Police and public works department on Sunday for holding the rally.
BNP held a public meeting at Nayapaltan in front of the party's central office on September 1 marking the party's 40th founding anniversary.