- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
Bangladesh's GDP to grow 7.5pc in FY 18: ADB
Bangladesh’s economy would grow at 7.5 per cent in the current fiscal year 2018-2019, said Asian Development Bank.
ADB in its Asian Development Outlook 2018 Update made the projection saying that gross domestic product growth was expected to grow with continued strong consumption and public investment.
ADB Bangladesh on Wednesday released the ADO update at its Dhaka office.
Earlier in April, ADB in its outlook projected 7 per cent GDP growth for Bangladesh.
Finance minister Abul Maal Abdul Muhith in his budget speech set a target of GDP growth at 7.8 per cent for the year.