- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
BNP gets permission for Suhrawardy Udyan rally Sunday
Bangladesh Nationalist Party on Saturday got permission of Dhaka Metropolitan Police to hold a rally at Suhrawardy Udyan in Dhaka on Sunday.
BNP assistant organising secretary Abdus Salam Azad said that DMP has given them written permission for holding the rally at the Suhrawardy Udyan at 2:00pm.
Salam along with BNP publicity secretary Shahiduddin Chowdhury Annie met the DMP authority at 11:30am and received the letter of written permission.