- Champions Trophy: Tigers face Pakistan in warm-up match Saturday
- Lawmaker among 6 injured in Dinajpur road crash
- Govt on a ‘mission’ to kill BNP leaders, activists: Khaleda
- 25 Jamaat activists detained in city
- Nilkhet book market catches fire
- 2 JU students killed in Savar road crash
- Fire at Sundarbans doused
- Ramadan begins Sunday
- Greek statue removal SC’s decision: Quader
- Himachal Chief Minister lauds BD’s dev spree
Sangskritik Jote to hold cultural events in 500 edu institutions
Sammilito Sangskritik Jote (SSJ) has taken a series programmes with a view to expanding cultural activities in the educational institutions and creating awareness among school and college students against militancy and terrorism.
A two-week cultural workshop and cultural events will be organised at 500 educational institutions in the first phase across the country.
The cultural alliance took the decision at an executive meeting on August 1.
It will handover a memorandum to Education Minister Nurul Islam Nahid on Sunday seeking necessary support for practicing culture in the educational institutions.
Alliance president Golam Quddus said, “Weak family ties and lack of cultural activities in educational institutions are two of the reasons that led the youths and students to the wrong path. Therefore, students should get involved in cultural activities. 500 schools and colleges have been selected initially for expanding cultural education.”
This program will be conducted in 64 districts across the country, including the capital.