- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
ACC finds irregularities in Sinha's bank transaction
Anti-Corruption Commission chairman Iqbal Mahmood on Thursday said that the commission found irregularities in transactions of Tk four crore in former chief justice Surendra Kumar Sinha’s bank account.
He said that ACC inquiry found some individual’s involvement in the process of approving the loans at Farmers Bank Limited and sending those to Sinha’s account.
The commission would take necessary legal steps in this regard soon, he told reporters when leveling office.