- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
BNP leader Shoel put on fresh remand
A metropolitan magistrate in Dhaka on Friday remanded Bangladesh Nationalist Party joint secretary general Habibun Nabi Khan Sohel for two-day in police custody in connection with a case filed over Shahbagh police station.
The metropolitan magistrate, Sabbir Yasir Arafat Chowdhury, passed the order after detective branch sub-inspector Saiful Islam produced him before his court with a 10-day remand prayer.
Sohel, also the president of Dhaka north unit BNP, was arrested near Gulshan-2 intersection on September 19.
He was earlier remanded in police custody for five days in connection with a case filed over attacking a prison van near High Court area on January 30.
Sohel, an accused of several dozens of cases, was sent to jail after his surrendered before a Dhaka court on October 9, 2016.
He was released after getting bail in all cases.