- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
Pakistan anti-graft agents arrest opposition leader Shahbaz Sharif
Pakistan's anti-graft body on Friday arrested PML-N president and former Punjab chief minister Shahbaz Sharif for his alleged involvement in two corruption cases.
Opposition Leader in National Assembly Shahbaz, 67, is the younger brother of ousted prime minister of Pakistan Nawaz Sharif.
"Shahbaz Sharif on Friday appeared before an investigation team of the National Accountability Bureau Lahore. He was arrested after he failed to satisfy the investigator for his alleged role in the Ashiana Housing scheme and Punjab Saaf Pani Company," NAB spokesperson Nawazish Ali Asim told PTI.
He said Shahbaz will be presented before an accountability court for a physical remand.