- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
BNP, Juktafront form panels over programme, election
Bangladesh Nationalist Party and Juktafront have formed two panels for holding discussion over future programme and next general election likely to be held in December.
The two panels — one of BNP and the other of Juktafront — were formed at a meeting between BNP secretary general Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir and Nagorik Oikko convener Mahmudur Rahman Manna on Thursday night, Zahed Ur Rahman, Nagorik Oikko central committee member told CNC on Friday.
BNP secretary general Mirza Fakhrul, standing committee members Khandaker Mosharraf Hossain
and Moudud Ahmed are on the panel while Jatiya Samajtantrik Dal president ASM Abdur Rob, Bikolpodhara Bangladesh secretary general Abdul Mannan and Mahmudur Rahman Manna are on the
panel of Juktafront, said Zahed.
BNP leaders of the panel could not be contacted for their comments.
Two panels might sit in a meeting in a day or two, Juktafront sources said.
On Tuesday, Juktafront at a meeting tasked Mahmudur Rahman Manna with communicating with BNP.
Juktafront is comprised of Bikolpodhara Bangladesh, JSD and Nagorik Oikko.