- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
RAB nabs GP employee, distributor for selling SIM cards illegally
Members of Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) in a drive arrested a senior executive (business sales) and a distributor of mobile phone company Grameenphone from the capital on early Sunday for selling SIM cards issued in the name of different corporate offices.
The arrestees are senior executive Syed Tanvirur Rahman and the distributor Towfiq Hossain Khan.
A team of RAB-4 also seized huge number of SIM cards from their possession, said a text message sent from RAB headquarters.