- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
Bangladesh clinch SAFF U-18 women’s title
Bangladesh Under-18 women’s football team clinched the title of the maiden SAFF Under-18 Women’s Championship after a 1-0 win over Nepal in the final at the Changlimithang Stadium in Thimpu, Bhutan on Sunday.
After a barren first-half, Masura Parvin scored the all-important winner in the 49th minute.
Bangladesh seemed a bit disjointed in the final after dominating the opponents in the previous matches.
However, the Bangladeshi girls initiated the first attack in the seventh minute of the match when Krishna Rani found Nepal keeper Anjana Magar alone but her shot went over the bar.
Defender Masura finally broke deadlock with just four minutes into the second half heading home following a long free-kick from Monika Chakma.
Nepal could level the thing just two minutes later but Rekha Poudel saw her back volley hit the woodwork.