- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
- PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
PM Sheikh Hasina donates Tk 50 lakh for Prof MahbubÕs treatment
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Monday gave financial assistance of Taka 50 lakh for the medical treatment of Director General of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Directorate Professor Mahbubur Rahman.
Prof Mahbub’s wife Aleya Ferdousi received a cheque for the donation from Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina at Ganabhaban in Dhaka yesterday afternoon.
Prof Mahbub, who has been suffering from lung diseases for a long time, is now undergoing treatment at a Singapore hospital.